Unsightly scratches on my 1911 slide... Anyone have tips
1/07/2011 · OK, the "idiot mark" is the usually deep scratch that occurs when reassembling a 1911. It happens when you re-insert the slide stop into the frame when the slide is attached and held with your other hand all at the same time.... 14/06/2013 · 1911 idiot scratch, 1911 pistols to avoid, 1911s to avoid, avoiding the 1911 idiot scratch, how do i avoid idiot scratch, how not to get idot marks on a 1911, how to avoid idiot marks in 1911 s, idiot mark 1911, idiot mark on 1911, idiot scratch 1911, to prevent scratches on 1911. Click on a term to search for related topics. Thread Tools: Show Printable Version. Email this Page. Display Modes
Did i idiot mark my 1911? r/1911 - reddit.com
Yeah the 1911 is an antique, and less reliable than plastic fantastics. However the 1911 is 1000% cooler and more fun and retains its value and there is a beyond healthy aftermarket to play in.... 18/11/2015 · Marks on frame from slide stop(not idiot scratch) This is a discussion on Marks on frame from slide stop(not idiot scratch) within the Ruger Pistols forums, part of the Pistol & Revolver Forum category; Can any tell me if these marks are normal on frame from slide stop First picture marks are visible Second picture slide stop show surface
How to prevent the Idiot Scratch Handgun Forum
It is VERY easy to scratch the frame ( the famous ‘idiot mark’ ). Luckily, the solution to this is very simple as well. With its pin already half-way in the frame and through the barrel link, place the slide-stop as close to the plunger ( plunger is to its right ) as possible ( touching ) and firmly press inwards and upwards at the same time. The slide-stop will push the plunger in and... 19/01/2016 · The scratch put on the left side of a 1911 frame by incorrectly re-installing the slide lock is universally referred to as the "Idiot Scratch".
Idiot Scratch Prevention Tool (idiotscratch.com) Company
20/03/2016 · Basically, if I go with what they described - and they did let me know this - instead of a scratch there I would have a "patch" a bit larger in area that the finish won't match with the rest of the frame. I can, however, strip the frame and do the whole thing. Then it would all match.... 19/01/2016 · The scratch put on the left side of a 1911 frame by incorrectly re-installing the slide lock is universally referred to as the "Idiot Scratch".
How To Avoid The Idiot Scratch 1911
idiot scratch eBay
- Idiot Scratch Prevention Tool Official Website
- 1911 Idiot Scratch NY Gun Forum
- How does the slide lock lever come out sooo easy on a 1911
- Tricks to avoid "idiot mark" on a 1911? SIG Talk
How To Avoid The Idiot Scratch 1911
23/01/2009 · Hmmm, any tips for the same idiot marks on a really nice stainless 1911? If it's brushed stainless, try red scotch brite pad, should remove and make like …
- Idiot Scratch Prevention Tool (idiotscratch.com) - Newry, Pennsylvania 16665 - Rated 5 based on 3 Reviews "Ordered a pack of 1911-Professional Tools....
- 11/06/2014 · Really? If you cant take apart a 1911 and put it back together without leaving an idiot mark don't even buy one. [IMG]] Most of the 1911 crowd...
- Taking the time to file a slight bevel to the lower-font-inside corner of the of the slide-stop lug will prevent perverting your pistol's frame with the irksome "idiot scratch."
- 15/11/2011 · no,im an old f@rt....and i do respect the 1911,thats my point!...it dont have to be pretty to be a good gun.i think people who turn away from a 1911 with an idiot scratch are infact kinda childish since it dont hurt the gun a bit.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Crace ACT, Hackett ACT, Rivett ACT, Fyshwick ACT, Holt ACT, ACT Australia 2662
- New South Wales: Padstow Heights NSW, Abbotsbury NSW, Bolong NSW, Narraburra NSW, Lansdowne (Mid-Coast Council) NSW, NSW Australia 2079
- Northern Territory: Timber Creek NT, Anula NT, Peppimenarti NT, Larapinta NT, Stuart Park NT, Marrara NT, NT Australia 0899
- Queensland: Brandy Creek QLD, Cryna QLD, Richlands QLD, Petrie Terrace QLD, QLD Australia 4055
- South Australia: Port Hughes SA, Woodville South SA, Claypans SA, Cheltenham SA, Booleroo Centre SA, Mannahill SA, SA Australia 5017
- Tasmania: Spreyton TAS, London Lakes TAS, Lower Longley TAS, TAS Australia 7096
- Victoria: Macks Creek VIC, Telford VIC, St Helena VIC, Turriff VIC, Kialla East VIC, VIC Australia 3007
- Western Australia: Muchea WA, Davyhurst WA, Mundiwindi WA, WA Australia 6047
- British Columbia: Canal Flats BC, Campbell River BC, Ashcroft BC, Duncan BC, Zeballos BC, BC Canada, V8W 2W8
- Yukon: Little Teslin Lake YT, Ballarat Creek YT, Grand Forks YT, Lansdowne YT, Gold Run YT, YT Canada, Y1A 8C6
- Alberta: Tofield AB, Lamont AB, Coutts AB, Vermilion AB, Milk River AB, Delia AB, AB Canada, T5K 3J7
- Northwest Territories: Fort Providence NT, Aklavik NT, Fort Liard NT, Fort Providence NT, NT Canada, X1A 1L5
- Saskatchewan: Paynton SK, Eston SK, Young SK, Torquay SK, Markinch SK, Norquay SK, SK Canada, S4P 2C9
- Manitoba: Carberry MB, Rivers MB, Benito MB, MB Canada, R3B 4P6
- Quebec: Chandler QC, Gatineau QC, Sutton QC, Notre-Dame-des-Prairies QC, Victoriaville QC, QC Canada, H2Y 4W3
- New Brunswick: Baker Brook NB, Campbellton NB, Riverview NB, NB Canada, E3B 2H6
- Nova Scotia: Lockeport NS, Port Hood NS, Inverness NS, NS Canada, B3J 1S7
- Prince Edward Island: Brackley PE, St. Louis PE, Morell PE, PE Canada, C1A 3N2
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Centreville-Wareham-Trinity NL, Terra Nova NL, St. Shott's NL, Comfort Cove-Newstead NL, NL Canada, A1B 5J4
- Ontario: Monck ON, Cookstown ON, Lakeside, Oxford County, Ontario ON, Milton, Hawkesbury ON, Gordon ON, Wellesley ON, ON Canada, M7A 8L8
- Nunavut: Umingmaktok NU, Rankin Inlet NU, NU Canada, X0A 3H8
- England: Blackpool ENG, Burnley ENG, Reading ENG, Folkestone ENG, Hemel Hempstead ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 6A4
- Northern Ireland: Belfast NIR, Belfast NIR, Belfast NIR, Bangor NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 6H7
- Scotland: Paisley SCO, Dunfermline SCO, Livingston SCO, Edinburgh SCO, Glasgow SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 1B5
- Wales: Swansea WAL, Cardiff WAL, Swansea WAL, Barry WAL, Wrexham WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 4D7